Welcome to Category5.TV
Login for the best experience
Registered users are able to access restricted pages which guests can only dream about.
Check out the show
Local show times found here »
Become a registered viewerWin prizes and access content exclusive to registered viewers. Registration is absolutely free, and no sales people will visit.
- The Show
- Support Us
|Robbie Ferguson and Christa Wells demonstrate how to use YouTube's new video editing feature to enhance the quality of your videos, practically instantly. Rachel Xu joins the Category5.TV Team and presents news from the Category5.TV Newsroom.|
Originally aired on September 20th, 2011.
Starring: Robbie Ferguson and Christa Wells.
Episodes › Season 4 › Episode 209
- Robbie Ferguson, Christa Wells and Rachel Xu present live from the Category5 studios in Barrie, Ontario.
- Welcome to Rachel Xu, the newest member of the Category5.TV on-air team.
- A few audio issues off the bat, but Robbie adjusts Rachel's microphone.
- Welcome to newly registered viewers.
- Win a year supply of Eco Alkalines batteries from Category5 Technology TV - http://cat5.tv/ecoalkalines
- Viewer Question: I came across a new product that would fit in perfectly with stop-motion video: the Pico Flex Dolly.
- Viewer Question: I'm trying to watch Category5.TV on my Android phone, and it gets about 10 minutes in and then locks up. Any ideas?
- Using the Category5.TV QR codes to launch video off our web site.
- Viewer Question: What is the best way for me to share my Linux home folder with Windows?
- Viewer Question: Thank you for your help with getting the pogoplugfs script working... I'm getting close. But it's telling me "No mountpoint specified!" What do I do now?
- An in-depth discussion about Rachel Xu's media experiance, dressed as a cow.
- Viewer Comment: What was the Chromakey program that you used to place yourself on the Starship Enterprise (answer: Wirecast). Christa looks like Erin Gray.
- Robbie's 6-year-old daughter was saucy at the fast food restaurant.
- Top stories from the Category5.TV Newsroom.
- #Cat5tv Tweets of the Week
- Being a parent is like stealing candy from a baby.
- Viewer Question: I was trying to install Ubuntu or Mythbuntu on an old computer, but it could not access the Internet via the integrated network card. What can I do?
- Feature: YouTube is now allowing users to to edit their videos directly through the YouTube service.
- Editing video on YouTube.
- Using the "I'm Feeling Lucky" feature of YouTube video editor to touch up the colors and saturation of your videos.
- Using YouTube video editor effects to enhance your video.
- The video rotation and stabilization features of YouTube's new video editor.
- Robbie's feature request for YouTube's video editor.
- Viewer Question: Could you say happy birthday to Jan in Westland, Michigan. She puts up with me watching Category5 TV every Tuesday.
- Viewer Question: On episode 207, Hillary asked a viewer question for a user who was having trouble getting Blender working on OpenShot video editor. Perhaps the OpenShot team is behind on the API changes?
- Viewer Comment: It was nice having Eric back last week.
- The Category5.TV 4th anniversary is next week, with Christy Burton (Van Noort) joining as co-host.
- Season 5 surprises are coming!
- Viewer Comment: I tried ReactOS after last week's episode, and it really reminded me of the "real" Windows operating system... since it only gave me a blue screen of death.
- Viewer Question: I liked the shows where you designed a web site. When you start a web site, do you already have an idea how you want it to look?
- Robbie's bitterness toward Christa's use of funky menu systems.
- Viewer Comment: My wife is jealous because I have Ubuntu and she has Windows 7. My daugter also runs Ubuntu.
- Robbie invites users to send post cards via snailmail.
- Robbie was supposed to provide M&M's, but instead provided some dark chocolate.
Links to Relevant Web Sites:
- Category5.TV Mobile Site: mobile.category5.tv
- Robbie's Twitter: twitter.com/robbieferguson
- Show Twitter: twitter.com/category5tv
- Free Battery Contest: cat5.tv/freebatteries
- Category5 Costume Store: cat5.tv/costumes
- Category5 on YouTube: cat5.tv/youtube
- Rachel Xu's Bio: www.category5.tv/bios/rachel-xu.php
Photos:Open the Photo Gallery
Episode 305 – July 23, 2013
Robbie and Christa take a look at a piece of free software (Windows, Linux) that is making it easier for you to make attractive slideshows from your photographs.
Episode 225 – January 10, 2012
Robbie and Hillary show you how to use the free GNU Image Manipulation Program to remove and replace the background in a photograph to make a Christmas photo usable throughout the year.
Episode 291 – April 16, 2013
R0bb13 and cHr157a hack the Twitter homepage to demonstrate how easy it is for hackers to create phishing sites to gather steal personal information. The same lesson applies to your online banking, and more.
Episode 277 – January 8, 2013
Demonstrating Mockups Desktop - a cross-platform tool for creating app or web site mockups quickly. Also speaking to Richard Collins from Ubuntu Mobile about Canonical's mobile phone OS.
- SD - H.264 Standard Definition (471.31 MB)
- LD - H.264 Low Definition / Mobile (44.57 MB)
- MP3 - Audio Podcast (54.35 MB)
- JPG - Episode Still
- JPG - Welcome Rachel Xu
Embed Code [Show/Hide]
<iframe src="http://play.cat5.tv/209?pause=1" width="650" height="396" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A production of Prodigy Digital Solutions.
Category5 Technology TV by Category5.TV is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Canada License.
1394258622 : 877216
Category5 Technology TV
P.O. Box 29009
Canada L4N 7W7
Phone the Category5 studio: